Play Online blackjack at Royal Vegas
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games, owing to its heady allure of skill and chance. At Royal Vegas, you can play a range of terrific and realistic blackjack games, as you revel in the chance to have fun and win at the same time.
How blackjack works
Blackjack is sometimes known as “21” for good reason – the main aim of the game is to collect a hand of cards that equals the value of 21, before you go “bust” – going over 21 or the dealer reaching 21 before you have done so.
Key points about blackjack:
- It can be played with 1 to 8 decks of cards, depending on the version you’re playing
- The value of each card is represented by its face value (i.e 6 is 6 and 9 is 9)
- An ace can be valued at either 1 or 11 – you’ll make that choice in line with the hand you are dealt
How to play blackjack
- The dealer will deal out 2 cards- one set to you and one set to himself
- Should you be lucky enough to get an ace and “face” card worth 10, the cards in your hand will total 21 and you would have hit blackjack and won the round
- If your first 2 cards don’t add up to 21, you’ll ask the deal to “hit” you again (give you a new card)
- You can keep asking for cards until you either reach 21 or get as close as possible to 21 without going “Bust” (over 21)
- If you’re the first to either reach 21 or be the closest to 21 before going bust, you’ll win that round
- So, if you happen to only get 8 in value, but the dealer’s value goes over 21, you’ll win
Different types of blackjack at Royal Vegas
There are numerous types of blackjack that you can play at Royal Vegas, from a standard game with 52 cards to games that contain 8 decks. There are Single Hand, Multi-hand and Gold series versions of blackjack available.