MasterChef Canada update + Win a €15K Dining Experience
Image courtesy of tv-eh.com On 7 April, two competitors were eliminated from MasterChef Canada much to the surprise of the competitors themselves. Judges Michael Bonacini, Alvin Leung and Claudio Aprile also revealed that business student Justine Joyal from Montreal and Matt VanderHelm from Toronto will be axed next. On April 13, MasterChef dubbed the "Egg Showdown?" returns and one of the eliminated competitors will return to the kitchen to battle for a space in the competition. Before they were eliminated, the cooks were presented with a massive Mystery Box full of Italian ingredients. Their task? To reset a “restaurant-quality appetizer” that would appear on the menu of Jamie's Italian, the Canadian chain of restaurants, owned by none other than the world-renowned chef Jamie Oliver! It was fitting for Oliver to be present as one of the judges much to the surprise of the cooks.
Did someone say pressure…?
The Top 8 cooks were given 45 minutes to create the appetizers using a range of fruits, vegetables and clams. The three chefs were called up to present their dishes to the judges to taste. Barrie made clams, sausage and greens, Trevor made a warm fall veggie salad while Thea made ricotta tortellini from scratch. Thea won the challenge and as a result, her meal will be added to the menu at Jamie’s Italian in Canada for a limited time only!
Think you can beat Thea? Then take part in Royal Vegas’ Mister Chef Promotion this month and stand a chance to win a €15k Fine Dining Experience for you and your friends this month, plus €200,000 in prizes!
How to take part:
- Log into the casino throughout April
- Look out for the €15K + Instant Prizes message in the lobby
- Follow the instructions to win
- There are a total of 4 rounds each week each with a different requirement that you have to unlock every week
- The more you play the more rewards points you earn and you’ll also unlock essential cooking ingredients
- Every ingredient you unlock earns you an instant prize
- Every 100 Rewards points earned gives you 1 ticket into the lucky draw
You may also like: The 10 Must-Try Canadian Restaurants